FREE Moving Quotes
Compare from up to 6 movers
Moving services: Moving with Confidence
Moving is a big challenge. There are many aspects to it and a number of things to take care of. It involves a large amount of time, expense, and energy. On top of this it is extremely stressful as one tends to get overwhelmed by the number of tasks involved. Moving family, pets, and belongings takes planning and patience and is a difficult time for all concerned, especially children. Moving services are designed to take the stress away from your head. They have a variety of services on offer to provide you with convenience, ease, and peace. No matter which company you choose for providing you with moving services, the basic idea is to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Types of Moving Services
- Residential Moving Services: Residential movers are used to handling moves for people who are shifting home. They are well aware of the requirements of a person who is about to make a transition from one locality to another and to a new home.
- Commercial Moving Services: Commercial movers generally work on weekends and during non-office hours. They are specialized services that are well thought out and designed to take care of office moves.
- Long Distance Movers: Any move across a distance greater than 100 miles is considered a long distance move. Long distance movers are adept at managing moves across large distances and interstate moves.
- Local Movers: Local movers operate within localities and within a 100 mile radius.
- International Movers: These moving services are designed to help people make a move across countries. The moving company is generally part of associations like IATA, FIDI and FIATA.
- Full service moving services: These moving services are designed to do everything for you. They take care of packing, unpacking, loading, unloading, and driving. However they are the most expensive of moving services.
- Self Service Moving Services: Here you are provided with a commercial trailer or a mobile storage container which you load and then the trailer or container is transported to your destination by the moving company. The responsibility of packing, unpacking, loading, and unloading lies on your head.
- Limited Service Moving Services: Here the company takes the responsibility of loading, unloading, and driving your goods to the destination. You are concerned only with packing and unpacking.
If you opt for self service moving services or limited service moving services, you take a good deal of responsibility on your head. Packing your belongings is not something to take lightly. Some moving companies do not offer insurance if you do the packing yourself. This is why it is extremely important to pick the right packing materials and do the packing with great care. You should also allocate enough time to do the packing. Starting as early as one to two months in advance would be wise.
Selecting Moving Services
When selecting moving services do adequate research before selecting the moving company. You could obtain information online, from the yellow pages, or through references from friends and family. When selecting the moving company you would be wise to check out the background with the Better Business Bureau. You should make sure that the moving company has been operational for at least five years. This means that they have adequate experience in moving matters. It is also recommended to take estimates from a minimum of three moving companies. Another thing that is important is that the moving company must have the proper license from the U.S Department of Transportation.
Moving services when selected with care make your life simpler and stress free. Put some thought behind the selection and you should be well on your way to hassle free moving