FREE Moving Quotes
Compare from up to 6 movers
Professional Moving Services
Moving can prove to be quite a challenging task. There are many aspects to it and a large number of small details that need to be dealt with. Organizing a move is time consuming, expensive, and can overwhelm anyone. Dealing with moving the family, pets, and belongings takes careful planning. Many moving companies provide a variety of convenient services to help you deal with the different aspects of your moving process. It is important to understand what your options are and the different types of services you can choose from to make your moving process easier and smooth sailing.
Types of Moving Services
- Residential: Residential movers are used to handling moves for people who are relocating. They are well aware of the requirements of a person who is about to make a transition from one locality to another and to a new home.
- Commercial: Commercial movers generally work on weekends and during non-office hours. They are specialized services that are well thought out and designed to take care of corporate relocating requirements.
- Long Distance Movers: Any move across a distance greater than 100 miles is considered a long distance move. Long distance movers are adept at managing moves across large distances and interstate moves.
- Local Movers: Local moving services operate within localities and within a 100 mile radius.
- International Movers: These moving services are designed to help people make a move from one country to another. The moving company is generally part of associations like IATA, FIDI and FIATA.
- Full Service: These moving services are designed to do everything, and take the entire moving process into their hands. They will handle the packing, unpacking, loading, unloading, and driving. However they are the most expensive of kind of service.
- Self Services: Here you are provided with a commercial trailer or a mobile storage container which you load your belongings onto yourself, and the container is transported to your destination by the moving company. The responsibility of packing, unpacking, loading, and unloading are in your hands alone.
- Limited Moving Services: Here the company takes the responsibility of loading, unloading, and driving your goods to the destination. You are concerned only with packing and unpacking.
Before settling on any kind of services, you need to consider all the aspects involved. For instance, if you opt for self service or limited moving services, you are going to take a good deal of responsibility on your head. Packing your belongings yourself is not something to take lightly, some movers do not offer insurance if you do the packing yourself. This is why it is extremely important when taking on the task of packing, to pick the right packing materials and pack with great care. You should also allocate enough time to do the packing. Starting as early as one to two months in advance would be wise.
Choosing a Moving Company
When considering any moving company, be sure to perform a thorough research before hiring them, you would be wise to check out the background with the Better Business Bureau, and make sure that the company has been operational for at least five years. This means that they have adequate experience in moving matters. It is also recommended to gather estimates from a minimum of three moving companies. Any moving company must have the proper license from the U.S Department of Transportation.
Moving services when selected with care make your life simpler and stress free. Put some thought behind the selection and you should be well on your way to hassle free moving