FREE Moving Quotes
Compare from up to 6 movers
Office Movers: The Sensible Choice
Growth is most important for any business, this is what determines whether you have a profit making business or not. With growth and expansion comes the need for newer offices with larger spaces or opening up multiple branch offices. There is a tremendous amount of work involved in moving offices from one location to another. It is not as simple as doing a household move and the logistics are entirely different. Office movers specialize in handling the moving process of commercial establishments.
What You Need to Know
- Office moving is a specialized process involving detailed planning and execution. It should be carried out in such a way that there is a smooth transition from the old office space to the new one. One should not undertake shifting offices on one’s own, this task is best left to professional movers.
- These types of services are generally able to provide services after hours and on weekends, so as not to waist precious business days and hours. This will ensure that your business is not disturbed and that as far as possible it is not left defunct for long.
- Professional movers are familiar with the special requirements of commercial moves, including insurance, building protection, access to the building and restrictions of elevator use. Any reputable moving service should be well insured to cover any accidents and losses. You could purchase additional insurance if you like
- Office movers are well trained in handling sensitive office equipment, such as computers, flat screens and other electronic equipment like photocopiers, scanners etc. Movers will have special packing materials to ensure that such equipment is not damaged in transit. Generally any mover will be able to handle with all the packing, they handle packing and preparing sensitive or fragile items for shipment, and identifying personal property. A company can give the moving service a fixed pick-up date and they provide them with a specific time-frame for delivery.
- Moving companies that are licensed interstate will have two numbers that are relevant. These include a Department of Transportation (DOT) number as well as a Motor Carrier (MC) number that they were issued from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Reputable movers will generally provide project managers to work with you and your staff throughout the planning and operations stages of the project. In meetings prior to the actual moving, the project manager and the move team help plan all aspects of the project in detail and educate your personnel as to their roles.
- Office movers are generally trained to manage the dis assembly and reassembly of modular furniture. This is especially important as you want your furniture to be shifted from one place to another without any disturbance or damage.
- Most moving services will provide storage facilities to store your equipment or old furniture for a temporary period of time till you are in a position to dispose of them.
- Companies providing office moving services she be very prompt and efficient. They will also have penalty clauses chalked out in the agreement should they overshoot the move deadline.
- Movers handling this type of move are also trained to handle the shifting of classified and sensitive information. They work in conjunction with your security staff to ensure that the information is protected and monitored at all times.
When selecting a mover you need to do a good amount of research so that you select the right ones with the correct expertise and know how. The only botheration that should be left on your head is acclimatizing your employees to the new environment. As far as the moving process goes, you should be able to leave the hassles and the responsibilities of the same with the office movers that you have hired.