FREE Moving Quotes
Compare from up to 6 movers
Furniture Movers: A Welcome Relief
It is a known fact that necessity is the mother of invention. When the moving process appears in the horizon a lot of us will resort to all sorts of creative stuff to minimize the expense involved in moving. However one must realize that penny pinching can sometimes turn out to be more expensive in the long run. Hence it is extremely important to plan your move with care and be sure of the properness of every stage of the moving process. Movers.net recommend that you use furniture movers that are professionals who are well worth the money spent on them. Furniture movers take the headache out of the moving process and the stress associated with DIY projects. Furniture movers are part of the entire moving process from disassembly, transport, to reassembly. When moving, professional help goes a long way in providing the necessary relief from stress and hassle.
What must you look for when selecting furniture movers?
- Find out what kind of work they handle. Some furniture movers specialize in cross country moves while some operate locally. It is important that any moving company is suitable for you in both quality, as well as budget-wise. Some furniture movers charge you on the base of the weight of the load and some on the space requirements. Find out what your furniture move entails and how the charges are going to be levied to you.
- Check the credentials: It is important that the furniture moving company is insured, licensed and bonded. They should be accredited members of Better Business Bureau. Check their reviews and find out their reputation in the market. Ask amongst your friends and relatives if they have had any experience with these particular furniture movers that you may be considering. Find out if the company was prompt and efficient in its job. Find out if they damaged anything or not.
- Insurance: See that the furniture movers are adequately insured. You do not want to run from pillar to post in case of any untoward incident and if any of your furniture gets damaged.
- Storage: Some furniture movers even provide temporary storage facilities in case you need them especially if you are in a new location and have not yet received permanent accommodation. Often times they provide storage for even as long as 90 days.
- Packing supplies: See that the furniture movers that you choose have adequate packing material and associated accessories. See that their packers are professional in approach and that they take adequate care when lugging your furniture.
What you can do?
- Make a proper list of all your furniture. Determine how much is detachable and how much is fixed. Pack all the small items on your own if you feel you can manage. Leave the larger items to the professional furniture movers.
- Coordinate times with the furniture movers. See that you are ready at the time of the moving process and have kept adequate time and attention for them to do their job without any hitch.
- Ask the important questions beforehand. Find out if they charge by the hour. If so, how many persons do they provide per move per hour? Find out how they pack and treat your materials. Find out whether they are adequately insured and if they provide any additional insurance as needed.
- Get multiple quotes. When selecting furniture movers make sure you get a quote from at least three to five companies. Compare the quotes carefully and select the furniture movers that offer you best quality at the best price.