FREE Moving Quotes
Compare from up to 6 movers
Fast Moving Services
Last Minute Moving Services: Rushing to Your Aid
What kind of a person are you? Are you the kind of person who plans beforehand or leaves everything for the very last minute? Do you procrastinate and leave key responsibilities hanging till the very end? You are the best judge of who you are and what your work ethic is. One of the problems with being a laid back person is that when the time comes you are faced with a mammoth number of tasks to be dealt with and need to be quick and efficient in your approach.
Moving is no different from other responsibilities in life in that it necessitates careful planning and skilful execution. However if you are the type of person that delays getting down to business then you will find yourself faced with last minute moving hassles. It is under these circumstances that you may find yourself in need of last minute moving services. Of course, other reasons may be events that are out of your hand such as sudden job transfers. In such cases also you will need last minute moving services.
How to go about finding last minute moving services?
- Quick calls: Make some calls to your friends and relatives and find out whether they know any good moving services and what their experiences have been with a particular moving service.
- Yellow pages: Search the yellow pages and look in the papers for advertisements that may be there so that you may quickly find last minute moving services.
- Online hunt: The Internet has made our life very easy. You can do research quickly and efficiently on the Web and come out tops. Do some rapid clicking and you will find a number of moving services listed online. This should help a great deal when hunting up last minute moving services.
Important questions you should not forget to ask
- How long have you been in service: This is a very important question that you need to ask the moving company as the longer they have been in service the better their know how and experience in moving matters. Since you are hastily enlisting the help of last minute moving services you would not want an inexperienced moving company causing some big goof-ups.
- What kind of services do you offer: Depending on your need, you should find out whether the moving company offers extensive services and packages of various kinds. You should find out whether they transport automobiles, whether they handle long distance moves, and whether or not they supply moving packing kits.
- Estimates and charges: Ask the moving company whose last minute moving services you are planning to enlist to give you an estimate of the cost involved before finalizing on the company. Get the company representative to make a quick visit to your house and give you an estimate. As far as possible try and get a binding estimate rather than a non-binding one so as to avoid any last minute surprises.
- Insurance: Find out if the company offering last minute moving services has adequate insurance in place. Find out if they offer additional insurance that you may buy.
- Organization is the key: Even though you may be moving at the last minute there is no reason to panic. If you are well organized you can still manage the move well. Label all your belongings and prepare a full and exhaustive inventory. Keep your essential items such as keys, documents, medications, prescription glasses etc. separately in folders and separate drawers so you do not hunt for them frantically at the last moment.
- Packing help: Get company representatives to handle the packing for you. This will save you a lot of time and headache. Last minute moving services if enlisted correctly can save you a lot of bother.